Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation
The SRS designation is the premier credential in seller representation. It is designed to elevate professional standards and enhance personal performance. The designation is conferred by the Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers (CRB) to real estate practitioners with advanced professional training essential to representing sellers. The SRS credential is now recognized by NAR and will be populated in your NRDS record as well as on the applicable section of REALTOR.com. SRS Members have a variety of member benefits available to only them.
How to earn the SRS designation:
Any licensed REALTOR® who wishes to earn the SRS designation must complete specialized training and other experiential requirements. We offer both a classroom and online course to accommodate learning preferences and schedules.
The first step in earning the SRS Designation is to complete the Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation Course.
Once our office has received the student roster from the course provider/sponsoring organization, please allow up to 10 business days for processing. You will then receive an email from our office containing instructions on how to complete the designation requirements (outlined below).
SRS Designation Requirements:
(Effective March 28, 2016)
All requirements must be completed within two (2) years of taking the SRS Course or the applicant must re-take the Course. Only REALTORS® who meet all of these requirements and have been officially awarded the SRS designation are permitted to call themselves an SRS and use the SRS credential, emblem and/or logo.
- Successful completion of the Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation Course.
- Successful completion of one SRS elective course.
- The elective course may be taken prior to completing the SRS Designation Course.
- Click here for a current list of approved elective courses.
- Documentation verifying five (5) completed transactions in which you acted as a seller representative (one may be a lease). Only ONE of the following is required for each of your five (5) completed transactions:
- MLS sold property sheet verifying the sold property indicating your name as the listing agent. You may redact identifying information such as property address, buyer, seller information, etc.
- Copy of the closing settlement statement (or a letter from your broker verifying that each transaction closed) AND a copy of the signed seller agency agreement or listing agreement. The agreement must verify the agent’s name and/or include the agent’s signature as the seller’s agent. Providing only the name and/or signature of the seller’s agent’s broker is not sufficient.
- OR -
- Maintain active membership status as an SRS and with the National Association of REALTORS®. Exception: international members of SRS do not have to be members of NAR.
The Administrative SRS Designation is awarded to members who have a real estate license but do not actively list or sell. This includes managers, brokers, owners or someone who works in an administrative capacity to assist in their office’s seller-representation business.
Click here to review the criteria for the Administrative SRS.
For more information: